Friday, May 6, 2011

A Man For All Saisons

Hello everybody, it's good to be back. Unfortunately I don't have any stories to tell this time. All I have to report on is a couple of great drinks I had at The Libertine Bar. Going into writing this post it didn't click that I had sampled two different beers based on Saison Yeast and was making an entry exclusive to them, but here we are. First up is the fine drink Saint Arnold Farmer Brown's Ale. It's a variation on the classic Saint Arnold Farmer Brown Ale using Saison yeast.



Saint Arnold Farmer Brown's Ale

Aroma 2: It has a woody body with a very light hint of Citrus.

Taste 3: This taste was very complicated and posed quite a challenge to me. I'd have to place it as slightly nutty and earthy.

Appearance 3: The yeast in the beer makes a beautiful dust storm in your glass.

Texture 2: This beer is not as gritty as it looks. It has a fine feeling on your tongue.


Next up is the near perfect Saison Dupont


Saison Dupont

Aroma 3: It reminded me of champagne with slight floral smells and lots of citrus.

Appearance 3: Goldenrod with a thin clingy white lace despite the thick relenting foam.

Taste 4: Very yeasty and filled with Orange.

Texture 2: It had a fine grit with bubbles which were smaller than you would notice in champagne.


Well, that's all I've got for today. As always you can follow me here or on Twitter. @KuromanKuro And if you like what you read then go ahead and Digg/follow me.



No comments:

Post a Comment