Friday, May 13, 2011

That "Accessible Beer" article

Hello everybody, I decided to be less pretentious today and review a more "accessible" group of beers. That's right, today I'm dropping my condescending tone, (For the most part.) and drinking brews you can find at all but the worst establishments.



Shiner 102 Double Wheat

Shiner 102 Double Wheat

Aroma: 2 It has a light hoppy aroma cutting in hints of wheat

Taste: 2 It has a fresh, wheaty, slightly sweet taste. It boasts “Great Drinkability” to steal a phrase from Bud Light commercials. In many ways, it reminds me of the “Big 3” brewers. (Except I'm pretty sure Spoetzl breweries require their workers to wash their hands.)

Appearance: 1 It looks like a glass of new cooking oil with a quick disappearing, Coco Beach sand-ish head.

Texture: 1 It glides like smooth clean vegetable oil. Moves quickly but with a little drag. Pretty uneventful.

Bass Pale Ale

Bass Pale Ale

Aroma: 2 It has a slight citrus smell but more noticeable than the citrus is the smell of yeast.

Taste: 3 Bold bitter complex hops taste. Several types of hops layered to make a complex flavor that changes over time on the palette.

Appearance: 3 The body of the beer is string instrument rosin and the head of the beer is a persistent pillow made of cream. (All figurative statements of course.) While drinking it, the bubbly lace rolls down the side like raindrops.

Texture: 3 This ale has a very smooth glide over the palette. Despite the un-clinging foam in the glass, when it turns to foam in the mouth, it sticks to every surface it touches.

I must say, Bass Pale Ale is one of the best production beers I've ever had. It has a better flavor than most beers you'll find in your local grocery store. (Guinness being an obvious exception.)

Well, that's all I've got for today. As always you can follow me here or on Twitter. @KuromanKuro And if you like what you read then go ahead and Digg/follow me.


No comments:

Post a Comment